Why do I watch the Oscars?
- It keeps me in one spot long enough to organize tax receipts.
- I like to see what and "who" the stars are wearing while guessing what the Fashion Police will really say about the outfits later on.
- I enjoy how spontaneous (or not) the nominees are when interviewed on the spot.
- I like the creative ways winners express their gratitude (or forget to.)
- I enjoy comedy bits and musical numbers that qualify as award-show worthy.
- I like to see who has the malfunction and who has the touching moment of the show each year.
- It's exhilarating to hold my breath when each host is the moving target of the year trying out jokes and numbers and skits that may make or break them. What a tough job that has to be!
Here our designer/model makes his way down the catwalk with a long, flowy number.
Only pro models know to keep a blank expression on their face to let the outfit remain the focus of the show. This design serves both as a flamboyant cape...
and a long train which is big this year on the white carpet.
Next year we must keep up with the Oscars and also add a manni-cam to the festivities.
Awards were given too....a nice big scoup of tuna for the gifted designer/models. And a little swag package of catnip. And of course, my reward...getting my taxes started while watching talented and beautiful stars all around me.